[Osi] C# interface to OSI

Goossens Jan-Willem Jan-Willem.Goossens at nc3a.nato.int
Mon Dec 8 04:17:50 EST 2008

Thierry,

Ah, finally somebody picked up on that!..
Yes, a few years ago we (I..) started to develop a .NET wrapper, not unlike flopc++ or CONCERT (but not as advanced), with classes like Model, Variable, Constraint and (linear) Expression, and many overloaded operators (like "+", "<=" etc). The wrapper is written in C++/CLI (aka C++ with Managed extension) in Visual Studio 2005, and simply links in the LIBs of CBC, CGL, CLP and their OSIs, to form one mixed-mode .NET DLL.

Setting all this up was not too difficult, and we've been using this a lot ever since. This final product has, until now, never left closed-source-ness, partly also because nobody was asking for it.

Maybe this is a good point to try to get my bosses to agree to give back and contribute our code to the COIN community (but probably don't hold your breath..)
>From the other side: would the COIN-OR be interested in such a project being added?
(I'll have a look at the Contributions page)

Regards,

Jan-Willem