[Coin-osi-devel] loadProblem / default row parameters => different constraints

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 27 18:37:37 EDT 2007

>I'll give this a few days to see if anyone else wants to weigh in.

I would argue that we don't want to break existing code.

I think the default behavior for the two different loadProblems make sense
when considered alone.
I also agree that it might be nice if they formulated the same problem when
called with default values.
Since we can not have both, one has to decide between the two choices.
I don't see why one choice is better than the other.

Matt suggested that loadProblem with ranges is working the way Cplex and
Xpress work.
I suspect this is true and  would guess that they are working that way
because that is the way MPSX worked.

The loadProblem with row bounds is working the way OSL worked.

JP