[Coin-osi-devel] error handling convention?

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Feb 6 21:36:43 EST 2007

Folks,

	Another issue arises almost immediately:  What should OSI do when
confronted with a problem.  Specifically, when passed an out-of-range row or
column index, what should happen?  At a fast glance, there's no precedent in
OsiSolverInterface.cpp, but I could easily be missing something.  Was this
hashed out in the original design of OSI?

	Our current configuration setup provides a handy symbol
(COIN_OSI_CHECKLEVEL) that we can use to guard this sort of sanity check, if we
want it.

	Quiet failure is the standard unix approach  :-).

							Lou