[Coin-osi-devel] row & column names, anyone?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue Feb 6 19:34:57 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Lou Hafer wrote:

> Folks,
>
> 	As I work on cbc-generic (cbc for generic OSI solvers), I've reached the
> point where row and column names are next on my list of things to do.  Far and
> away the most sensible thing (from where I sit, anyway :-) is to put this
> capability into OsiSolverInterface.  Where problem import/construction does not
> provide names, it's trivial to construct something (rowNNN, colNNN, or similar).
>
> 	Does anyone object?

Not me.  It's been on the list for a while.

Before you start to code, though, I'd like to see you post a a complete
spec (all relevant methods with parameters, return values, and actions) so
we can discuss the functionality to be included and maybe the
implementation.

The basic ideas below look reasonable to me, but I'm interested to hear
what others think about whether we need (1) and whether we have all the
functionality users would want (or at least haven't blocked functionality
that we are going ot want to add later.

 		Matt