[Coin-osi-devel] Next release of Osi

Antonio Frangioni frangio at di.unipi.it
Mon Nov 20 14:59:23 EST 2006

> - Are there other relatively straightforward things that we ought
> to do at the same time?

Since you asked ... I'd definitely love to see methods for Convex
Quadratic programming in the interface. This is something most of the
solvers do anyway, and it should be pretty straightforward to figure
out a way of doing it which does not break backward compatibility
(since LP is QP with Q = 0).

I was supposed to be one who make the first proposal and a draft
implementation, but the attempts I made never got to the point where
they could be distributed. Sorry about that. So, my only role by now
in the matter is that of the pesky beggar. Yet QP (and beyond) is all
the rage nowadays, so maybe other people will find it useful.

			Best

			Antonio

Antonio Frangioni - Associate Professor | For, the things that you hold
Dipartimento di Informatica             | Can fall and be shattered
Universita' di Pisa                     | Or run through your fingers
Largo B. Pontecorvo, 3                  | Like dust.
56127 Pisa, Italy - Ph: +39 050 2212789 |
www.di.unipi.it/~frangio                | [Dire Straits, Love Over Gold]