[OS] OS trunk segfaults on Mac during tests?

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 10 11:11:50 EST 2015

Ted gave me access to his machine which was very nice of him, but Macs are
apparently not the easiest things to do debugging remotely. Odd permissions
and code signing restrictions, it seems you need to give specific
authentication every time you start a debugger, which wasn't working over
SSH.

Anyway, turns out the problem is sort-of simple, but unexpected that it
would cause a segfault and only on OSX. The file testMatricesAndCones.osil
has 11 entries in the <cones> section, but it is labeled as
numberOfCones="10." Apparently the <cones> parser needs a little bit more
validation / consistency checking? Something must currently be triggering
some undefined behavior that happens to get lucky with gcc, but segfaults
with clang.

-Tony