[OS] OSnl2osil

Kipp Martin Kipp.Martin at ChicagoGSB.edu
Mon Feb 25 13:04:00 EST 2008

Hi Susana:

By the way, any email I try to send to you directly is getting bounced back.

I just tried to run your AMPL model and the result I get is below. As
you can see the OSResult file contains error message below:

<message>OS cannot handle AMPL user defined variables, please reformulate
</message>

so it appears you are using "user defined variables" which at this time
we don't support. For example you have

var q{i in 0..n} = 1.0 + f[i]*cos(L[i]) + g[i]*sin(L[i]);

so variable q depends on variables f an g and is defined in terms of them.

See, for example,

http://www.gerad.ca/~orban/drampl/def-vars.html

I realize that this is a convenient feature that users want. We do hope
to put this feature in.

My apologies for now.

Regards,

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><?xml-stylesheet type = "text/xsl"
href = "../stylesheets/OSrL.xslt"?><osrl
xmlns="os.optimizationservices.org"
xsi:schemaLocation="os.optimizationservices.org
http://www.optimizationservices.org/schemas/OSrL.xsd" >
<resultHeader>
<generalStatus type="error"/>
<message>OS cannot handle AMPL user defined variables, please
reformulate</message>
</resultHeader>
<resultData>
</resultData>