[OS] nl file to osil

Kipp Martin Kipp.Martin at ChicagoGSB.edu
Mon Feb 25 10:30:46 EST 2008

Hi Susana:

> I'm trying to convert an AMPL nl file to an osil file.
> I get following output:
>

> N_OPS =  82
> 1405
> 0
> FOUND MULT NODE
> found a number node
> THE NUMBER-0.5
> FOUND MULT NODE
> found a variable node
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ErrorClass'
> Aborted (core dumped)
>

> Is there any limits in the number of variables for the converter?
> is the converter reliable for large-complex problems?

There is no size limit on the OSnl2osil converter. There is a size limit
on the sample AMPL you download off the Web, but not on any of the OS code.

I have tested several large, complex problems with OSnl2osil.

1) Are you sure the there is nothing wrong with the nl file? For
example, have you tried to call a solver directly from AMPL with this nl
file?

2) If you can would you attach the nl file and send the it directly to
me via email?

kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu

3) Are you using some definitional variables in the model?

Thanks

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research