[OS] relative vs absolute uri in OS schema (for future reference in public)

Jun Ma junma1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:07:27 EST 2008

Joe,
I don't think libxml is wrong. For me, it's just a kind warning that telling
us that it won't interpret the namespace as user might be (we are not)
expecting that since they are putting in a "relative" namespace and libxml
should try to resolve. The consensus seems to be that namespaces should have
little to do the concept of "relative or absolute". Whatever is put there
should just be treated AS IS and libxml is doing what it should do.

The most important thing is that namespace should be unique and though its
syntax has to follow URI (ours do), but it's semantics is unspecified (ours
doesn't have any meaning), which is what we want.

Jun Ma