[OS] Another data point for OS / ASL under Msys / cl

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Sep 14 15:04:14 EDT 2007

Kipp, Jun,

	I had some time to work at home yesterday and played a bit with OS.

	An optimised build went through without errors.  `make test' was
superficially ok (i.e., no core dump).  I didn't go over the output in detail,
but OS claimed it passed its unit test.  Kipp, you mentioned that you just type
`./configure' to do the build --- this gives an optimised build.

	The debug build still runs into trouble trying to link cbc.exe.  I think
if you use the command `./configure --enable-debug' you will be able to
replicate the problem.  (My actual configure command is considerably longer and
built by a script, but this should do it.)  Coin will specify -MTd as the
multi-thread library, while ASL will continue to use -MT.  The two collide at
the attempt to link cbc.exe.

	I ran the debug build to the cbc error, then switched to the optimised
build, and didn't have time to patch the debug build and check for the __matherr
problem. I'll try that next time I'm working at home.

							Lou