[Os-project-managers] Next meeting?

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Sun Sep 9 13:07:18 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

for the record, I am putting my answers below. See if you agree or disagree.

> I think a real-time meeting next week may not be necessary. But I
> would like to have feedback on question 1, if that is possible. I
> will break it down a little further:
>
> a. Should we have a "type" attribute in the <otherVariableOptions>
> element in OSrL?

YES

> b. Should the type attribute be a string or an enumeration?

I think a general string is safer. The AMPL interface will have to
know what types are acceptable, just as the solver interface does when
we are dealing with options.

> c. If the latter, what should be the members of that enumeration?

See answer to b.

> d. In both OSoL and OSrL, our <other> elements can have a "value"
> Should these three options be mutually exclusive?

I would vote for mutual exclusivity, but then, my imagination as to
what people might want to specify is limited. What do you guys think?

> e. If not mutually exclusive, do we need additional attributes
> "varType" and "enumType"?

Not needed, see d.

> f. Should the attributes in e. be strings or enumerations? (Should
> this be the same for OSoL and OSrL?)

Not applicable; see d.

> g. If enumerations, what should be the members?

See f.

Cheers

gus

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

School of Business Administration, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107