[Os-project-managers] More schema issues

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at DAL.CA
Mon Oct 1 08:21:15 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

I just implemented the varType etc. attributes and am editing the
parserTest files. In parserTest.osol I ran into further problems. In
attributes (which is fine), but there are also "lbValue" and "ubValue"
attributes to deal with. We do not have a way to attach a type to those.

I cannot remember the reason why we chose to allow

<other numberOfVar="1" name="slack" solver="mySolver"
description="minimal distance from the bounds>
<var lbValue="0.001" ubValue="0.002/>
</other>

instead of

<other numberOfVar="1" name="lSlack" solver="mySolver"
description="minimal distance from the lower bound>
<var value="0.001"/>
</other>
<other numberOfVar="1" name="uSlack" solver="mySolver"
description="minimal distance from the upper bound>
<var value="0.001"/>
</other>

True, it is more compact, but do I now need to add further attributes
"lbValueType" and "ubValueType"?

Cheers

gus

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

School of Business Administration, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107