[Os-project-managers] osilOutput

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at dal.ca
Mon Nov 26 06:52:56 EST 2012

Kipp Martin <kmartin at chicagobooth.edu> wrote:

> Hi Gus:
>

>> The idea is to allow users of MPS and .nl files to archive the .nl file
>> for later use. There are several reasons for this. The most important
>
> If you have an .nl file it is already archived, right?
>> one is to allow AML users to submit remote jobs asynchronously. We are
>> at present not serving this community very well. It might also encourage
>> others to switch to OSiL format, and it is useful for debugging if
>> anything should go wrong.
>
> I guess by AML you mean AMPL? You can use AMPL to submit jobs remotely.
>
> Cheers

I did mean AML, as the situation is the same for all modelling environments.

I think we should talk about this at the next meeting. A related issue
is asynchronous calls from AMLs. It was in the OSAmplClient2, and I
now think that this is something we should salvage.

At present, if anything goes wrong with the local machine during a
remote solve, there is no way to get the solution back. AMPL uses
temporary files that will be lost once AMPL crashes or the system is
restarted.

Cheers

gus