[Os-project-managers] Output capture

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at DAL.CA
Wed Nov 7 15:36:14 EST 2012

hotmail - majxuh <majxuh at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Output capture shouldn't be considered as a "temporary" solution.

Precisely.

> Many of the software or dependent libraries don't have built-in or
> don't design at all the logging mechanism.  Our implemented  feature
> really is a "permanent" solution to capture what we could have.

That is exactly why I ask whether an <other> element is "permanent
enough" or whether a reserved element would be more suitable.

> Yes, with OS, or with other dependent software and libraries that
> have logging designed implemented, we should find another permanent
> solution, i.e. build in our own logging design.

Yes, that would be the infamous "ticket 14". I think the only way to
handle that is via command line directives. (See previous email from
last week and an exchange with Kipp approximately two months ago. It
is on the OS-managers list, so I hope you can find it. If not, I can
dig it out.)

Cheers

gus