[Os-project-managers] Updates to OSoL schema

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Wed Aug 8 22:42:16 EDT 2012

Hi Gus:

How is this going to be implemented? Are there going to be new classes?
If so, what new classes get defined?  Are you going to have a bunch of
if statements all over the place? Is this the answer to ticket 14?

>> default print level 1
>> if printLevel < 100, global print level (for all areas)
>> otherwise printLevel div 100 gives the number of an area (we need to
>> use enumerations for these things, anyway), and printLevel mod 100
>> gives the print level in that area. (Same for filePrintLevel.)
>>
>> So
>>
>> filePrintLevel 3
>>
>> says: use global print level 3 in all areas;
>>
>> filePrintLevel 512
>>
>> says: use the default print level in all areas, but use print level 12
>> in area 5, etc.

I don't understand the above at all.

>> Comments? Do you think this can work? Is it too baroque? Overkill?
>> What do you say?

Definitely baroque for me. But the big thing is how this gets implemented.

I would not start any coding yet.

Cheers

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research
kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
http://www.chicagobooth.edu/faculty/bio.aspx?person_id=12825325568
http://projects.coin-or.org/OS

Sent without Blackberry, Droid, iPhone, or any other
wireless device.