[Os-project-managers] Ticket 14

Hotmail (majxuh) majxuh at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:55:33 EDT 2012

I am not sure about the xml output.
1.. Hardly anybody outputs logs in xml.
2. It's none of the business for us; we just log the statement. with a
message, a level and a catalog.
3. The format of the message is up to the logger or journal to decide.
4. in Log4J, the venue of the logger (or what gus calls the outputstream) is
called "appender", and each appender configuration (in xml) always has a
"layout" child element to configure the format of the message.
5. Given 3 and 4 above, it is ultimately up to the user to configure the
format/layout in the logging properties. Developers, in their code, simply
logs a message.
6. The proper way of it probably should be make the entire text of logs as a
dump message and wrap it in one xml element in one of our OSxL.

So don't for now worry about the format (or a default format in a default
properties file, as it's always customizable by the users).

Jun