[Os-project-managers] Ticket 14

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Wed Apr 25 21:25:02 EDT 2012

Kipp Martin <kmartin at chicagobooth.edu> wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>
> A follow up on our discussion today about ticket 14.  I think if the
> user opts to have output to file, the output format should be xml.
> We would have an element for each output statement to the given
> file, and attributes for the level and source. This could be
> imbedded in an OSrL file.

I don't know about that. We can't devise xml tags for every one of our
print statements. So the xml content would likely just be

<specialresult>

(content of the output)

</specialresult>

I'd say whatever routine we use to read the text file should be smart
enough to put in the tags. Putting in tags might mess up a user's
reader of the output.

Cheers

gus