[Os-project-managers] optional doubles with no default values

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Thu Jan 27 17:52:42 EST 2011

Hi guys,

following the talk today, I started cataloguing all the doubles in our
schemas that do not have default values (and thus can be NaN). In OSoL
I found five:

<xs:complexType name="InitVarValue">
<xs:complexType name="InitObjValue">
<xs:complexType name="InitConValue">
<xs:complexType name="BranchingWeight">
<xs:complexType name="MaxTime">

InitVarValue we talked about, and it seems that the next two should be
treated the same way by analogy. However, I have my doubts about
BranchingWeight and especially about MaxTime. Suppose I say

<maxTime/>

what should happen? Maybe I am not interpreting this one properly; all
the others appear as attributes, this one is element content. Perhaps
the above construct is actually not allowed by the schema.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

gus