[Os-project-managers] Quick question about GeneralFileHeader

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Tue Jan 18 16:20:23 EST 2011

Hi Gus:

> quick question about the complex type GeneralFileHeader in OSgL. Should
> the five elements <name>, <source>, <fileCreatedBy>, <description> and
> <licence> be required to follow a sequency model, or is the order not
> important?

In the current OSiL order does matter. The sequence is <name>, <source>,
<description>.  I see no reason to deviate. If we now require  the
sequence to be <name>, <source>, <fileCreatedBy>, <description> and
<licence> older files will still parse since <fileCreatedBy> is  not
required.

I think making the sequence follow a specific makes sense here. For
example, the first element should be <name> if it is present.

That said, I don't feel extremley strong about this.

Thanks

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research