[Os-project-managers] Is this legal OSoL?

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Mon Jan 3 17:20:11 EST 2011

Hi Jun:

> I would vote not.
> The parser should be a bit more lenient here.
> I'd rather keep an empty ftp empty value.
> If it's not used, then it's fine.
> If it's used, the ftp client, i.e., the piece that handles the ftp
> communication, will decide to continue, or throw an error or stop.

I don't feel strongly about this, but here is why I prefer an error. If
we allow an empty string the ftp client may not throw and error, rather
the ftp client may try to contact the server. In this case, instead of
an error, we might get a time out message. We would not want to pass a
time out message back to the user because this is misleading.

Cheers

kmartin at chicagobooth.edu