[Os-project-managers] NaN in xs:double

Jun Ma majxuh at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:29:50 EST 2011

Gus,
Ya, just delete schema 1.5.
Let me know when you do that.
I will do the same for the schema web site.

in xxx:double  using xs or xsd are just people's convention name for the
alias. as long as the alias is referring to http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:double is built in w3c schema.

Looks like everybody agrees that NaN is a double, but in practical
implementation, passing it to the solver is not good because solver may not
be able to handle NaN well.
I do think in the schema NaN should be allowed, and it is up to our driver
to specifically handle this value (along with many other special values).
For example, translating to a closest matched value acceptable by the solver
is better than just catching/throwing the exception back to the solver .
Of course it would be the worst of not even catching it and feeding to the
solver only to see the solver crash.
Jun