[Os-project-managers] Consent agenda item: Enumerations in OSgL

Gus Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at dal.ca
Wed Sep 29 15:06:44 EDT 2010

I put four general enumerations into the OSgL schema:

GeneralEnumerationCPUSpeedUnit
GeneralEnumerationVarType
GeneralEnumerationStorageUnit
GeneralEnumerationTimeUnit

These items are near the bottom of the schema, starting in line 2574.

Please have a look. I hope we can put to bed quickly three aspects of these
enumerations:

The location (i.e., that they belong in OSgL)
The names of the enumerations
The names and number of the elements of the enumerations

By way of explanation I should add that the values appearing in
GeneralEnumerationStorageUnit are taken from wikipedia following a talk I
heard on massive data bases. A petabyte is 1024 terabytes, an exabyte is
1024 petabytes etc. The entire storage capacity of all computer storage
devices in the world is currently estimated at 1.7 zettabytes.

Please indicate your consent (or dissent) to the enumerations by noon CDT
on Friday, October 1.

Cheers

gus