[Os-project-managers] Dip and OSResult

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at DAL.CA
Fri Sep 10 05:40:47 EDT 2010

Kipp Martin <kmartin at chicagobooth.edu> wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>>
>> and then
>>
>> osresult->setPrimalVariableValuesDense(solIdx, x);
>
> The more I think about it, the more I think calls such as
>

> osresult->setPrimalVariableValuesDense(solIdx, x);
> osresult->setGeneralStatusType("normal");
> osresult->setTime(cpuTime);
>
> should **delete** what is currently there and not **add**  to what is there.
>
> What is your opinion?

I am not so sure about that. I believe

osresult->setGeneralStatusType("normal");

should replace, and I am pretty sure about the primal variables, but
there definitely are situations when you have (and want) more than two
timings --- tracking input and solution separately, for example. How
about a separate method setAndReplaceTime (and others), maybe even
another
setTime(time, REPLACE)?

There are lots of issues about the output, I think. I read your
synopsis of the conversation with Stefan yesterday, and it occurred to
me that we have to fight the same fight he did vis-vis ipopt and cbc
if we want to make their output available to the user.

Cheers

gus