[Os-project-managers] Discussion item: InVector/NonNegativeIntVector

Gus Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at dal.ca
Wed Oct 13 15:19:19 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

this item expands on the consent agenda item regarding sparse objects. Do
we need multiple integer vectors? At present we have
IntVector
NonNegativeIntVector
NegativeIntVector
PositiveIntVector

On one hand there is the proliferation of classes. Is this really necessary?
We can always enforce nonnegativity in code (after proper documentation!)
On the other hand we have the validation question. With different classes,
we can enforce nonnegativity (for instance) in a validating parser; if there is
only one class IntVector, things are more difficult.

I think we should discuss at the next meeting.

Cheers

gus