[OBOE] Fwd: Is it OK to use OBOE only for a smooth function? If so, how good is the performance?

Tianyang Li 李天阳 Tommy Li tmy1018 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:04:58 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nidhi Sawhney <nsawhney at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Subject: Re: [OBOE] Is it OK to use OBOE only for a smooth function?
If so, how good is the performance?
To: Tianyang Li 李天阳 Tommy Li <tmy1018 at gmail.com>

Hello,

It should be okay to use OBOE for only smooth functions, since the
non-smooth is  a generalization of a smooth function you can either
have the oracle return the gradient or use the setB functions. Its
hard to say how it compares with other methods, however it is true
that the power of OBOE is for the non-smooth case.

-Nidhi