[OBOE] OBOE - g2c deprecated in gcc-4.4 (used in Ubuntu 9.10 - karmic)

Berit Løfstedt blof at man.dtu.dk
Fri Mar 12 04:52:24 EST 2010

Dear Nidhi,

Thank you for your swift reply - I have succeeded in compiling and executing the code now.

What I had to do to make it run on UBUNTU 9.10 was:

Edit configure.ac:
In OBOE_LDADD: change -lg2c to -lgfortran and remove $BLAS (as libblas.a is dependency of liblapack (see http://old.nabble.com/problem-with-LACAML-and-static-linking-td21700788.html)

install libtool:
sudo apt-get install libtool

After make install in OBOE/:
Remove the libtool dir
Make a symbolic link to libtool
ln -s /usr/lib/libtool .

I will try to implement the active set of Babonneau to the MCF dir.

Best Regards,

Berit Løfstedt
PhD. Student
DTU Management Engineering, Operations Research

Technical University of Denmark
Department of Management Engineering
Produktionstorvet, Bygning 426
2800  Kgs. Lyngby