[Ipopt] Error using Casadi + IPOPT + Pardiso

roberto.willoughby at posgrad.ufsc.br roberto.willoughby at posgrad.ufsc.br
Mon Mar 11 08:50:07 EDT 2024

Hello Everyone.

I am having some trouble trying to use Casadi + IPOPT + Pardiso, didn't
find anything similar on the mailing list.

I am solving an optimization problem using Casadi with my Python code, I
was originally using mumps, so it works well when I define:

opts = {'ipopt.print_level': 0, 'print_time': 0, 'ipopt.linear_solver':
'mumps'}

When I change to:

opts = {'ipopt.print_level': 0, 'print_time': 0, 'ipopt.linear_solver':
'pardiso'}

I get this error message:

.../casadi/core/optistack_internal.cpp:997: Assertion
"return_success(accept_limit)" failed:
Solver failed. You may use opti.debug.value to investigate the latest
values of variables. return_status is 'Invalid_Option'

If I use any non-existent name as 'roberto' for the linear solver I get
a different error, so I guess this is something related to the
configuration.

I am using VSCode in Ubuntu, installed Atlas/lapack and Pardiso, then
./configure --with-pardiso and the make, everything went well.

Any idea of what could be missing?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto Willoughby.