[Ipopt] dsyev present in lapack; output error: dsyev function not found

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Fri Oct 23 05:51:33 EDT 2020

Hi,

the --with-lapack flag is meant to specify the flags necessary to link
against a (Blas+)Lapack library, not to specify a directory where Lapack
source files can be found.
Renaming a source file will also not change the name of the functions
defined in the source.

Also a lot has changed between Ipopt 3.11 and the 3.13 source that you
seem to use. Thus, looking at the documentation for current Ipopt
(https://coin-or.github.io/Ipopt/) might be less confusing. For example,
regarding Lapack, the easiest should be to use your systems package
manager to install Lapack
(https://coin-or.github.io/Ipopt/INSTALL.html#SYSTEMPACKAGES_MSYS),
which Ipopts configure would then hopefully be able to pick up
automatically.

Stefan