[Ipopt] variable number of constrains during optimization

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 16 08:55:55 EDT 2019

Hi,

the Jacobian structure is requested by Ipopt once in the beginning of
the optimization process.
If you just pass on zeros for some "nonzero" entries from some iteration
on, then Ipopt will still continue to work these constraints, i.e., the
problem size doesn't reduce. Essentially, it will handle the constraints
as if they were suddenly constant.

Stefan