[Ipopt] Check regularization at solution: access not just print Ipopt solver output (in Python, Pyomo)

Niklas Hinkel niklas_hinkel at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 07:46:00 EDT 2018

Dear list members,

I use Ipopt via pyomo in Python.
I need to verify if there are regularizations of the Hessian at my solution (that would be in the "lg(rg)" column of the output).
Since I have ~30k optimizations in my program, I cannot check for regularizations looking through the print in the console.

Is it possible to access and not just print the output of the Ipopt solver?

I read in "Pyomo - Optimization Modeling in Python" from Hart et al. 2017, p. 243, that tee=True prints the output to the console, but it is always writen to a log file, no matter what the tee-argument is.
Unfortunately, I have no idea where that log file would be.

Thanks a lot!

Best
Niklas