[Ipopt] Run optimizer with 1 preferred starting point

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 24 12:04:51 EST 2018

Hi,

once you call Ipopt, it will try to do one optimization with the
starting point that you provide via your implementation of the
TNLP::get_starting_point() function.
If you want Ipopt to run more often, then you need to call the
IpoptApplication::OptimizeTNLP() function more often and then provide
the corresponding starting point in TNLP::get_starting_point(). To speed
things up a bit, you can actually call
IpoptApplication::ReOptimizeTNLP() instead of
IpoptApplication::OptimizeTNLP() for all by the first call.

Best,
Stefan