[Ipopt] CUSolver with IPOPT

Amir Patel a.patel at uct.ac.za
Mon Mar 20 06:32:36 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone

I would really like to leverage off the new GPU linear solvers to do the LU computations IPOPT requires. How can I go about getting IPOPT to use CUSolver? Would I need to write my own interface to it?

Alternatively, do any of the existing solvers use GPUs at all? I found a paper, "General-Purpose Sparse Matrix Building Blocks using the NVIDIA CUDA Technology Platform", by Christen, Schenk, and Helmar which modified Paradiso and showed great success. But I cannot find this code anywhere...

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Best Regards
Amir

AMIR PATEL
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Senior Lecturer
PhD (Mechatronics) Cape Town

Room 4.08| Menzies Building, Upper Campus, Rondebosch
Email: a.patel at uct.ac.za<mailto:a.patel at uct.ac.za>
Telephone: +27 (0)21 650 2803

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This e-mail is subject to UCT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via csirt at uct.ac.za