[Ipopt] example.for asks for MA_47

Daniel Feenberg feenberg at nber.org
Mon Jul 3 08:25:11 EDT 2017

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017, Stefan Vigerske wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't think there is still support for the Fortran version of Ipopt.
> That said, it seems to use MA47 if option QSYMSOLV is set to 0. This is
> the default only if MA27 and MA57 are not available. So maybe check

I think MA27 is available. Does it need to be anywhere except:

   ls ./IPOPT/ipopt/ma27*
   ./IPOPT/ipopt/ma27_call.o
   ./IPOPT/ipopt/ma27_call.F

> whether configure correctly recognized the HSL library. It

Ipopt configure reports;

   checking for ./OTHERS/HSL/ma47ad.f... no

which might mean that I haven't copied ma47ad.f to the correct location,
however the ./ma47-1.0.0/src directory contains only:

   ddeps.f  libma47.a  ma47d.o  ma47s.o   Makefile.am  sdeps.f
   ddeps.o  ma47d.f    ma47s.f  Makefile  Makefile.in  sdeps.o

and no ma47ad.f for me to copy over. A similar situation applies to
ma27ad.f - that file doesn't seem to be in the tar distribution for Ipopt
itself. I did move libma47.a to /usr/lib64. No change.

I really want to get this working, because I am quite enthusiastic about
my project and a colleague has found Ipoptr to work well for the same
problem.