[Ipopt] huge inf_du values

Damien damien at khubla.com
Mon Jan 30 09:28:36 EST 2017

All,

I'm solving an almost-linear base model with a couple of nonlinear
constraints and a nonlinear objective.  It's not a particularly
difficult problem, around 60 equality constraints, and a Newton solver
solves the non-objective version of the problem in two iterations.
IPOPT has a terrible time with it though.  I'm using limited-memory
Hessian and it wanders all over the place.  I'm getting inf_du values of
6.3e58, which is a bit large.  Anyone seen this before in their problems?

Damien