[Ipopt] unknown sparsity pattern; #non-zeros in constr. Jac. not allowed to change; objective and infeasibility grow despite filter

Martin Neuenhofen martinneuenhofen at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:05:00 EST 2017

Dear all,

I would like to add an attendum to question 3.

For that observed situation the initial guess was feasible at 10^-3. The
box constraints had been moved to cL=min([1.5*c(x0), 0.5 * c(x0), cL],[],2)
and analogously for cR, thus the x0 is far away from any inequality
borders. Ipopt evolves x and increases the feasibility and the
objective with each iteration.
This should not arise from the adaptive mu since x is not near to
inequality feasibility bounds. Are there potential explanations for this
behaviour?

Kind regards
Martin