[Ipopt] Sparse Linear Solver on GPU for IPOPT?

Jonathan Hogg jonathan.hogg at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Aug 23 04:59:58 EDT 2016

We've not had time to write an interface yet - however it should be
fairly straightforward to modify the ma97 interface I think.

As to whether it's worthwhile, my suspicion is only if you're taking
more than about 0.5 seconds in the factorization per iteration. Anything
less and the overheads probably outweigh any gain. (If your GPU is less
speedy than your CPU, it's probably not worth it with the current
version, as it _only_ uses the GPU - this will change soon as I'm most
of the way there with v2 that adds a fast CPU factorization and support
for fully heterogeneous and multi-GPU execution).

Jonathan.