[Ipopt] MPI error using Ipopt‏

Seth Watts seth.e.watts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:45:02 EDT 2015

It has been something like 3-4 years years since I had this problem, so my
memory is a bit hazy. Perhaps someone with more recent knowlege can chime
in, but if not, I can go dig through my notes to find out the details. With
that caveat:

ipopt.opt is for specifying runtime options, not compile-time settings. It
allows you to, e.g. change the maximum number of iterations at runtime. You
specify compile-time settings via the invocation to the compiler. To use
the ma57 solver, I recall needing to download the source files from the
HSL, which requires you to certify non-commerical (and perhaps only
academic) use. Once you have the source file, you place it in the
appropriate ThirdParty directory within the ipopt directory and compile
with the appropriate flags as specified in the ipopt documentation.

- Seth