[Ipopt] solving non-smooth large scale problem using ipopt

key01023 at gmail.com key01023 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:45:28 EDT 2015

Dear all,
I have a large class of non smooth convex optimization problems with about 8000 dimensions and I am looking for c++ solvers to solve that. I tried level method  (extremely slow due to built up of sub-gradients), optimal gradient method due to Nesterov (very slow convergence), limited memory bundle method (LMBM) (no compilable solver available, failed to compile LMBM). I want to ask whether ipopt can be applied to solve this problem, because it uses limited memory BFGS which i guess somewhat resembles the LMBM methods. If so, is there some c++ file examples showing a case where we don’t need to provide the Hessian. Thank you.

With regards,
Chivalry