[Ipopt] Why ipopt needs so many iterations when starting from the optimal solution?

Gianpaolo Gulletta gianpaologulletta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 08:01:46 EDT 2015

Is this the reason of the problem?

The problem is that IPOPT either takes many iterations or needs much time when I provide a starting point that is close to the optimal point. Why? It sounds strange to me, IPOPT should perform better when it starts close to its optimal solution.

Are there any settings that can solve the problem?

Thank you.

Gianpaolo Gulletta