[Ipopt] Question about largest Jacobian

Panos Lambrianides panos at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Jun 8 13:51:43 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the largest size of the Jacobian for the
constraints.

While setting up the problem the variable nnz_jac_g is used to set up the
number of non-zero constraint for the Jacobian.  This is of type *Index*,
which is itself an *int* in C++.  The upper limit for int is 32767 (2^15-1).

Is there a reason why this is an int (versus a long for example) and more
importantly is there a way to overcome this limitation?  I would be happy
to tweak the code if someone would point out the right places to do so.

Many thanks,

--
Panos Lambrianides
panos at soe.ucsc.edu