[Ipopt] Continual Crashes with Mac OS-X MATLAB Mex Files

Anil Rao anilvrao at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:52:17 EST 2015

All,

I am writing again about continual crashes in Mac OS-X with MATLAB.   It
does not matter whether we compile our own Mac OS-X mex file or use the
precompiled mex files.  In either case the IPOPT mex file causes fatal
crashes in MATLAB.  I note that the fatal crash occurs using either the
built-in version of MA57 or Mumps.  Much to my surprise the crashes with
Mac versions of MATLAB do not seem to exist in Windows.

I do not know what to do to fix the problem.  My goal is to compile a
"crash-free" mex file using the MATLAB MA57 library.  In other words, I do
not want to create a mex file that requires the MA57 source code because I
want to be able to distribute the mex file.

I am grateful if somebody can help.

Regards,

Anil Rao

--