[Ipopt] Help: It seems like setting options is not working

Guy Feldman gfeldman at purdue.edu
Fri Aug 7 02:59:17 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am running mac os x 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and I installed IPOPT through homebrew.

I have been able to set up a problem however when I try to set an option like hessian approximation:

app->Options()->SetStringValue("hessian_approximation", "limited-memory");

I get some gibberish "Tried to set Option: ��;�" and it does not set the option.

I tried to build the hs071_nlp example and I get similar output without changing it at all.
In that example I also tried to add an option for max iterations being 1 just to see if the options are being set despite the gibberish and no luck.

Thanks,
Guy