[Ipopt] MA57 user defined ordering

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 14 20:14:35 EDT 2014

I don't think there's anywhere in the Ipopt API for providing custom
ordering information to the linear solver, definitely not in the Matlab
interface. There is API in the C++ for user-defined scaling, but that's not
currently implemented in the Matlab interface (it probably could be if
someone really wants that feature).

The most feasible way of doing this might be writing a wrapper around MA57
to take a custom user ordering (maybe saved to a file or something if you
want to avoid recompiling every time?), and tricking Ipopt's linear solver
loader into using your wrapper by calling it libhsl.{so,dll,dylib}.

-Tony