[Ipopt] Compilation problem with gcc-4.8.3 (Fedora 20)

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 18 09:59:54 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 07/17/2014 08:15 PM, fmargot wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Using an out-of-the-box copy of Ipopt/stable/3.9 and compiling with ASL,
> HSL in ThirdParty and the system Lapack and Blas libraries, I have to add
>
> #include <cstddef>
>
> on top of IpSmartPtr.hpp and IpTripletToCSRConverter.cpp, otherwise NULL
> is not declared.

Ipopt 3.9 is no longer maintained.
Please use a recent Ipopt 3.11 system.

> There is also a problem with detection of rand (that
> exists on the system). The configure script is unable to find it, but if
> I add
>
> #define HAVE_STD__RAND
>
> on top of IpUtils.cpp

Yes, that is an issue that recently came up and has been discussed on
this list and various tickets in the bugtracking system.
The issue is that gcc 4.8.3 gives an error for some test generated by
configure, where previous and later gcc versions just gave a warning.

> everything compiles using "make" and "make install". The directories lib
> and include are created (I am using a VPATH configuration), but not bin.
> The executable ipopt is nowhere to be found. On the other hand, "make
> test" works fine, claiming that all tests were passed successfully.

Did you get ASL?
If not, there isn't much of a binary to be build.

Stefan