[Ipopt] Compilation problem with gcc-4.8.3 (Fedora 20)

fmargot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 17 14:15:25 EDT 2014

Hi:

Using an out-of-the-box copy of Ipopt/stable/3.9 and compiling with ASL,
HSL in ThirdParty and the system Lapack and Blas libraries, I have to add

#include <cstddef>

on top of IpSmartPtr.hpp and IpTripletToCSRConverter.cpp, otherwise NULL
is not declared. There is also a problem with detection of rand (that
exists on the system). The configure script is unable to find it, but if
I add

#define HAVE_STD__RAND

on top of IpUtils.cpp

everything compiles using "make" and "make install". The directories lib
and include are created (I am using a VPATH configuration), but not bin.
The executable ipopt is nowhere to be found. On the other hand, "make
test" works fine, claiming that all tests were passed successfully.

Weird.

Francois