[Ipopt] Missing random generator function using Cygwin 64

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 4 01:10:51 EDT 2014

I know where it’s coming from, and it would also go away by upgrading autotools since this char *p = (char *) rand; method isn’t used in autoconf for checking the existence of a function any more. The mystery is why something that was a warning in GCC 4.8.2 (and everywhere else, except I think clang on Linux) would become an error in GCC 4.8.3 without changing any compiler flags. And whether that’s a Cygwin-only quirk, or would happen elsewhere. If it happens elsewhere, then it’s more of an issue and should maybe be reported to GCC as a regression since we’re not the only project in the world still using old autotools.

-Tony