[Ipopt] Compiling IpOpt for windows with Cygwin

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 29 07:51:37 EST 2014

Roberto,

Are you trying to use Microsoft Visual Studio compilers? If not, you should leave off the --enable-doscompile=msvc option. It will be rather difficult to mix gfortran with MSVC, if you need to use MSVC for C/C++ then it’s recommended to use either the Intel Fortran compiler, or the compile_f2c Fortran 77-to-C converter (with MSVC compiling the converted C code).

Are you able to compile a simple “Hello World” type Fortran program using gfortran in your Cygwin installation? If so, can you post the file ThirdParty/Blas/config.log from your build directory to somewhere like gist.github.com so we can find the detailed error output?

-Tony