[Ipopt] Is IPOPT ok for small quadratic problem ?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 18 14:13:10 EST 2014

Hi,

IPOPT targets large-scale general nonlinear programs.
A good specialized QP solver can give you much better performance than
Ipopt, as, indeed, it has less overhead, and, second, it can do some
algorithmic tricks that are not possible for general NLPs.

If you still want to use Ipopt for QPs, you should enable the options
jac_c_constant, jac_d_constant, and hessian_constant, so you can at
least avoid recomputing Jacobian and Hessian in each point.

Stefan