[Ipopt] Matlab Interface

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 4 06:48:40 EST 2014

Pascal,

As I understand it, the precompiled mex files that are available to download
should work with the newest versions of Matlab. A few colleagues in my lab
and elsewhere (Anil Rao on this list a few days ago) have reported
occasional crashes, especially on Mac OSX, which I'm not quite sure exactly
how to debug since I haven't gotten a reproducible test case yet. If you
encounter any problems with the precompiled mex files you can try modifying
the linear solver option or other workarounds.

The version restriction only applies if you need to compile the Matlab
interface yourself. Mathworks completely changed the format of
mexopts.bat/sh with R2014a, and since I personally don't use Matlab much any
more (I don't have R2014a or newer installed and was not planning to do so)
I haven't done the work to update the build system in the Ipopt Matlab
interface to account for that change. If anyone else is familiar with the
new mexopts system and would like to try making things work I'll happily
review any suggested patches and make sure things still work with older
Matlab versions.

-Tony