[Ipopt] Ipopt "make" error on MinGW

Achille Sassi ach.sassi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 05:27:25 EDT 2013

Hi, i decided to use Ipopt for my research, but i'm havingproblems
installing it.
I have Windows 7 and the latest versions of both MinGW and MSYS.
I carefully followed all the steps described in the Ipopt documentation
(multiple times), the "configure" command terminates with success but when
i launch "make" i always get the same error coming from IpJournalist.cpp:

#error "don't have header file for stdio"
#error "don't have header file for string"

i checked the directory "C:\MinGW\include" and the two libraries are
present, so i tried to configure again with:

configure CXXLIBS='-L C:/MinGW/include'

but i get the same error.
I am sure that this is not hard to solve, but since i am not familiar with
MinGW i really don't know what else to do.
Any help would be very appreciated, thanks in advance.